United provides integrated design, engineering, procurement, construction and project management services mainly in the edible oil and renewable energy sectors.
Established in 1951, we have executed projects in more than 35 countries. Our Corporate office is in Kolkata and we have Manufacturing Facilities both in Kolkata and Manesar (New Delhi). Our International Business office is in Manesar (New Delhi). We have a proficient and dynamic team of engineers, who strive towards delivering modern, energy efficient and reliable technology at the best price.
At the same time we are committed to Corporate Governance, Social Responsibility and Awareness for the Environment.
The company has alliances with the following leading companies:
- Cantrell Worldwide, United States: A leading supplier of Seed Preparatory Equipment, they represent us in North and South America.
- Charung and Co in Thailand: Our Technology provider for Biogas and Biomass Gasification
- Control Electric Co in Noida (New Delhi): who are the System Integrators for GE Fanuc for complete Process Automation and Electrical Engineering and Panel Building.
- Mahindra & Mahindra in India: One of the 10 Largest Business Houses in India. We are their representative for their Farm Equipment Division in Tanzania, Malawi and Mozambique.
- Commit to exceeding customers expectations in Quality while delivering within an agreed time schedule.
- Strive for technical excellence and market development to increase value for customers and employees.
- Create a positive, objective, professional, environment within the organization.
- United employs people with determination, ethical behavior and integrity who work closely as a team and with customers.
- Established in 1951, by Mr. C.L. Gandhi United Engineering was one of the earliest manufacturers of Screw Presses in India.
- It was also the first company from India to export screw presses. The first press was exported to Sri Lanka (Ceylon in those days). We also started exports into East Africa also in the early 1950’s.
- Oil Miller’s who were used to European technology and supplier’s, were satisfied with our products and quality and soon we had captured a large part of the Markets of East Africa and Sub Saharan Africa.
- We also exported our presses to the South Asian Markets of Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Burma (Myanmar) and Singapore.
- We also set up our own Cast Iron foundry and were one of the largest exporters of Cast Iron Castings from India.
- In the 1970’s United started exporting turnkey projects for copra, cottonseed, sunflower etc.
- In the 1980’s we started exports to Australia and Canada.
- In the 1990’s we decided to expand our range of equipment.
- We realised that larger capacity presses would require more reliability and better engineering. It took us time, but we soon were manufacturing complete automated presses of capacity up to 100 Tons of Seed per Day
- The 21st Century was where we took a further step to build still higher capacity presses and now manufacture machines of capacity up to 500 Tons per Day.
- We now have clients in more than 35 countries.
- In the year 2002, we decided to focus on Renewable Energy and by sourcing technology for Gasification from Charung and Co, Thailand, we have created another business entity.
- As a leading Supplier for Turnkey Plant, we also undertakes complete rehabilitation of Old Plants as well as Installing Plants including complete Mechanical, Electrical, Piping and Instrumentation work at site.
- In the United States we work closely with Cantrell Worldwide who are our representatives for the North and South American Markets.
- To meet the growing demand of Equipment, we have started a new facility in Manesar, Gurgaon (about 40 Km from New Delhi International Airport).
Copyright © 2009. United Engineering (Eastern) Corporation. All rights reserved.